Saturday, March 3, 2012

to soy or not to soy.....




I have been drinking soy lattes from my favorite coffee shop in town, The Bistro. But yesterday I was no where near the Bistro and was wanting a coffee.  So I popped into my second favorite coffee shop Starbucks, and because it was a week day I was trying to be aware of the unnecessary sugar I was taking in, I decided to ask the barista if I could look at the back of the Soy carton....... I AM GLAD I DID!!! 

To my surprise I learned that Starbucks actually has their own line of Soy milk and ALL Starbucks Soy milk is Vanilla flavored, which now explains why it tastes so good, and also sneaks in up to 13grams of sugar in your beloved latte! 

I do not think all coffee shops use Vanilla flavored Soy but next time you are ordering a Skinny Soy Latte, you might want to ask to see the back of you milk carton!


Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 12 fl. oz.
Amount per Serving
Calories 130
Calories from Fat 36.0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
6%
Saturated Fat 0.5g
2%
Cholesterol 0mg
0%
Sodium 100mg
4%
Total Carbohydrate 18g
6%
Dietary Fiber 1g
4%
Sugars 14g
Protein 7g
14%

Est. Percent of Calories from:

Fat
26.5%
Carbs
52.9%
Protein
20.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

1 comment:

  1. How interesting.. That is so good to know... I am a soy drinker, so I will make sure to check if it is Vanilla flavored! No wonder it tastes so good:-)

    ReplyDelete