Friday, March 9, 2012

black bean brownies....

Yep, Black Bean Brownies.....
I know your doubtful already, but don't be.. these are actually good tasting and good for you. I figure its Friday and we all love a little dessert on the weekend. So I thought I would share this recipe with you to celebrate the weekend. TGIF!!!



Servings: 9  

Nutritional Info: 85 calories, 1g fat, 16g carbs, 4g protein

Description:

Dense, fudge-y and ultra-healthy, these brownies are a great alternative to traditional brownies! It's amazing how they taste like chocolate and fudge and not beans! Chef's Notes: Rolled oats run through the food processor may substituted for the instant oats. 

Ingredients:

  • 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 whole bananas
  •  cup agave nectar
  • ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup instant oats

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8x8" pan and set aside. Combine all ingredients, except oats, in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, scrapping sides as needed. Stir in the oats and pour batter into the pan. Bake approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing. Chef's Note: if you find these brownies are too soft or too fudge-y, add another 1/4 cup oats.


BAKE UP!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yahoo!!! this is brilliant, but sounds too good to be true. Can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it~ I can confirm these taste like chocolate brownies:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a picky eater, love healthy foods, and I wanted to love these. But, they were absolutely awful! They tasted like black beans and the texture mad me want to gag. My entire family tried them, and everyone wanted to spit them out. Very sad, as I wanted a yummy and healthy brownie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer, I am so sad you didnt enjoy them, they are a favorite of mine that I cook all the time. Well I hope you can find another recipe that you enjoy on the blog and thanks for trying them. Cheers

      Delete