Tuesday, April 17, 2012

breakfast for dinner...


One of my most favorite, easy, cheap, healthy and convenient dinners is an Egg White Omelet. First let me give you some benefits of eating eggs/egg whites....   Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat, containing all the essential amino acids needed for growth, repair and a healthy immune system. The lecithin in the egg yolks is rich in choline, which is involved in the transport of cholesterol in the bloodstream and in fat metabolism, which can be useful in treating fat accumulation in the liver. However the egg white contains most of the high quality protein you need plus one egg white has around 17 calories compared to an egg yolk which has 36 calories and more saturated fat. The egg white omelet is low in saturated fat, high in quality protein for repair plus it’s contains half the calories of a traditional whole egg omelet's. Egg whites are one of the easiest ways for me to get lean quick.  Plus I always have eggs in the my fridge and veggies that need to get used.

Here is how I cook mine, PLEASE trust me and try all my ingredients once. I swear you will love it.

Ingredients:
chopped bell pepper
spinach
onion
broccoli
low fat vegetarian refried black beans
tomatoes
and any left over veggies I need to use up
Directions:
1) saute all your veggies, adding spinach at the end
2) set veggies aside on a plate
3) spray your pan with olive oil and crack 3 to 4 egg whites in your pan
4) don't flip your omelet until you can easily move your spatula under and around the eggs
5) after flipped, add beans and veggies and fold omelet
6) let it sit for one more minute 
7) move to your plate and enjoy!
** I like to top mine with jalapenos and fresh salsa

By adding beans, there is NO need for cheese. It creates that same creamy taste and is healthier. Also this will get you super full and will probably be 1/2 the calories of most your other dinners.

ENJOY !


1 comment:

  1. YUM~ I have had one of your omelets and they are so tasty! We often do breakfast for dinner too! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete