Thursday, May 3, 2012

turkey meatloaf...

I thought it was a sign that I should blog about turkey meatloaf because I happened to cook it for my sister and I two nights ago and then yesterday my friend Lid texted and was dying for a healthy meatloaf. So here you go Lid ;)
It is SOOOOO good.

Ingredients
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1 1/2 cups onions, 1/2 squash, 1/2 zucchini, handful of spinach, chopped
tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup ketchup
1 cup quick oats (I used instant)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 whole egg, lightly beaten
Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a non-stick skillet, cook veggies and garlic in oil over moderate heat.
3. Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and ketchup.
4. Mix well.
5. Stir in oats, yogurt and egg.
6. Let stand 5 minutes.
7. Add turkey and mix well with your hands.
8. Place turkey mixture in a lightly oiled standard bread pan.
9. Bake on 375 for 50 to 55 minutes (until meat thermometer inserted into meatloaf registers 170 degrees).
10. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment