Wednesday, June 6, 2012

cold and crunchy....

Since its summer, I am needing more cold crunchy refreshing mid afternoon snacks! For the past two weeks I have been overloading on fruit which is so yummy, but I think I need to add some veggies in the mix.... So today I made this ->




1 can of rinsed black beans
1 can of rinsed corn
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 chopped yellow bell pepper
1 or 2 fresh jalapeno
1 chopped tomato
chopped cilantro
1 chopped onion
2 limes juiced
1 tablespoon of low fat Italian dressing
a pinch of salt
avocado (optional)

steps: Mix all the veggies into a boll. Then add lime juice, salt and dressing! Let it refrigerate and taste (your might need more lime juice)

I eat mine with a spoon or popped lentil chips which helps keep it completely healthy

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so refreshing.. YUM~I am so glad to have received two recipes from you in two days! xo

    ReplyDelete